“for those who don’t know me, my name is Anthony Perrone.
I have 2 grown children, boy 25 and girl 23.
I work in the hospitality industry, doing functions and events for both a number of agencies and for my own business clients, ranging from managing and coordinating private and corporate events to ultimately the provision of catering and/or just food & beverage waitstaff services, also for a variety of client venues and functions.
I have a bachelor of commerce; I started as a chartered accountant, moved on to owning and running the Montmorency Newsagency for 7 years until the late nineties. I then moved abroad to Germany at the beginning of 2001 until end of 2015 where for the great majority of the time, situated on a lake 20kms south of Munich, i owned and ran a cocktail bar-lounge/Restaurant with italian cuisine and club, featuring weekly a variety of live acts and DJs.
My main sporting hobbies have always been swimming, road & mountain bike riding and running. In fact, I competed in many triathlons until 2004 in Germany. Now, living on the bay side of melbourne, i still maintain my passion for swimming and lots of bike riding.
Recently, on one of my regular Sunday morning group bike rides, I heard, from one of my fellow bike riders, about the Hunger Bike ride which Foodbank Victoria have organised in partnership with Cycling Victoria. I then joined a training ride on the following Saturday, where I road with a number of riders taking part in the charity ride, namely and not limited to, Dave McNamara, CEO of FBV and Baden Cook, Ambassador for the Hunger Ride and former successful australian Tour de France Green Jersey rider. On this ride, pleasantly interacting with the various riders, I learnt more about the formidable cause and the good work that FBV have being doing for years and continue to do so. So much so, that i thought, besides meeting and networking with new people, it’s a great idea and therefore, i took a decision to join this ride with the endeavour to help raise funds for the benefit of the ongoing cause.
I look forward very much to continue doing some fun training sessions, leading up to the main event, taking part in the main ride, keeping fit with the riders involved, and of course, ultimately, help raise the necessary funds for a fantastic cause.”
Messages from donors
- Anonymous Go you good thing! $20
- VICTORIAN DERMAL GROUP Good luck Anthony we love to support your charity well done from us at Vic Dermal Group $100
- Maria Natoli Your an Inspiration! $50
- John Broeren Good luck with the ride,hope the weather is kind to you ! $75
- Di Harrold A great cause Anthony. Have a good ride! $25
- Anthony snr & Teresa Perrone We're extremely delighted to see our dear son take part in this year's Hunger Ride for those needy children and families with food insecurities. Great cause, great work...Go son! $100
- Owners Choice From everyone at Owners Choice, we wish you all the very best with your ride and raising money for those truly in need. $100
- Felicity Harper Best of luck with the ride Anthony! $25
- Luke Tighe good boy and good luck and watch those cars!! $100
- Delysia Farthing My favorite Cocktail mixer Go Anthony $25
- Matthew Fagan $50
- Jack Kagan Great work. $50
- Matthias Matzko Best wishes and all my love to my friend Anthony, the most friendly and lovely Person on earth! $100
- Sherlock concepts pty ltd Great work !! $100
- Sandra Deluca Good Luck big brother!!!! You're the best! Knock em dead. Great cause too xx $50
- Wieselmann Salon $100
- Anthony perrone $100